Visit the BIPAC site regularly to stay on top of current legislative issues.
Time to renew your membership for 2013
It's that time of year again. Time to renew your membership in the MCA.
We thank you for your support in 2012, and encourage you to continue your support in 2013. As the construction industry continues to face challenges, the MCA has not wavered in its mission to help make our member companies the best construction firms in Montana.
A movement to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act is gaining some momentum in the construction industry across the nation, and several chapters of the AGC are considering asking Congress to repeal the act, which was passed in 1931. They argue that the law no longer serves the intended purpose and distorts labor markets.Ad Sales begin for 2013 Membership Directory
Don't miss out on the opportunity to advertise in the 2013 Membership directory.Do You Use BIM?
The Building Information Modeling (BIM) process is going mainstream and is fast becoming the standard across the nation in the architecture, engineering, and construction industries. The number of public agencies that require BIM is also increasing, and according to a recent article in Constructech Magazine, analysts predict that BIM will be come a necessity in the not-too-distant future.
Montana Contractors' Association
Quality People. Quality Projects
Montana Contractors' Association Mission Statement:
- To help our member companies be the best construction firms in Montana.
The MCA is a chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America, representing commercial, industrial, and public works construction companies throughout Montana.
Board of Directors:
- Deb Poteet, Poteet Construction, President
- Dave Zinke, Knife River, Vice President
- Scott Olsen, Helena Sand & Gravel, Treasurer
- Mike Newton, Fisher Sand & Gravel, Director
- Aaron Golik, Century Companies, Director
- Jim Berve, Fisher Construction, Director
- Doug Jackson, Jackson Contractor Group, Director
- Lonnie Anderson, United Materials of Great Falls, Past Presidents' Representative
- Jeff Hollenback, Mountain West Holding, Specialty Contractor Council
- Brad Newcomb, Montana Refining, Associates' Division President
- Tyler Smith, Lakeside Excavation, CLC Representative