This two-day course focuses on storm water management requirements levied by state and federal agencies for the protection of waterways during construction. Additionally, the course will offer tips and tools to simplify the permitting process. The following items are topics that will be covered and tested:
- Proper employment and maintenance of Best Management Practices (BMPs) for erosion and sediment control.
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) requirements for development, implementation, maintenance, revision and updates.
- State and federal agency compliance inspections.
- Documentation of SWPPP inspections and evaluations.
- BMP inspections and evaluations.
- General permit information, criteria and requirements.
- Find out how Montana’s sage grouse population factors into your storm water plans.
This is a certification program. Individuals registering should already have a prior working knowledge of BMPs and familiarization with the SWPPP. Early registration is recommended as these classes fill up. Upon successful completion of the written examination, individuals will be certified as a SWPPP administrator by the Montana Contractors Association.